Experience the Alliance Bank Difference...
Don't wait any longer... Make the Move Today!
We've made it easy for you to switch any of your accounts to Alliance Bank.
We'll even fill out the paperwork if you'd like! Simply stop by - we're ready & waiting!
Step 1: Open Your New Alliance Bank Account
- Get started online with an Alliance Bank Checking Account. The simple online starting process should take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
Step 2: Get Organized – Create Your Inventory
- Automatic Payments/Transfers Checklist – Create an inventory of the bill payments and transfers you'll need to switch to Alliance Bank.While filling it out, think about which payment method works best and whether you wish to make any changes.
- Plan for Outstanding Expenses – Make sure you leave enough funds in your old account to cover outstanding expenses. Determine how much you will need to leave in your old account until outstanding expenses clear - don't close your old account immediately.
Step 3: Close Your Old Account
- Once you're sure all outstanding transactions made against your old account have cleared, you will want to let your old bank know you're closing your account. Be sure to destroy any checks or debit cards associated with your old account.
Step 4: Set Up Your Direct Deposits
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form – Complete and send the direct deposit authorization form to the source making the direct deposit. Use one form for each source. For your payroll direct deposit, check with your employer's Human Resources department to see if they have their own direct deposit form. If they do, please use it. Otherwise, you can use the direct deposit authorization form and give it to your employer. Deposits typically take effect within three deposit periods.
- If you have Social Security or other governmental direct deposit, please go to any Alliance Bank office, and they can help you with that.
Step 5: Set Up Your Automatic Payments
- Automatic Payment Switch Form - This form will notify third parties (like your cell phone provider or electric company) that you wish to have your automatic payment transactions redirected to debit your new Alliance Bank account.
- Take care of your Bill Pay - This is a manual process but we'll do our best to make it simple. You'll be happy you did!
Here's what to do:
- Make sure you've set up Online Banking and Bill Pay. If not, Enroll now.
- Log in to your Online Banking.
- Open a new browser window and log in to your old bank's online banking.
- With both browser windows side-by-side, enter payees and scheduled payments from your previous bank's online banking system into Alliance's.
Stop by your neighborhood Alliance Office or give us a call toll-free at (888) 385-2280