Information on this page has been gathered for you from many resources including the Federal Trade Commission and the Indiana Attorney General
Because technology is constantly advancing and criminals are continually changing tactics, this Security page is in no way intended to be a complete listing of everything security. By introducing you to these resources we hope to help raise your awareness and thereby increase your safety.
Especially for BUSINESS
- Considering a Franchise - The Disclosure Document vs the Agreement or Contract
- Starting an Internet Business: Dream Job or Pipe Dream?
- What is phishing?
- How can I spot a phishing scam?
- How can I decrease my risk of being a phishing victim?
- Email Attachments
- Report an online scam
- Check Overpayment Scams: Seller Beware – the buyer gives you a check for too much!
- Spotting an Impostor: Scammers Pose as Friends, Family and Government Agencies
- Online Dating Scams - When Love Goes Wrong
- Rental Listings May Be Red Herrings
- Giving the Bounce to Counterfeit Check Scams
IDENTITY THEFT - from the Office of the Indiana Attorney General
- Understanding Your Rights
- What an Identity Theft Report is
- When You Become Aware Your Personal Information has been Stolen or Used by Someone Else
- Identity Theft Complaint Form to the Office of the Indiana Attorney General
- SAMPLE Dispute Letter for Existing Accounts (pdf)
- SAMPLE Blocking Letter to Consumer Reporting Company (pdf)
Identity Theft - other Resources
- To Buy or Not To Buy: ID Theft Spawns New Services
- Medical Identity Theft
- Pretexting: Your Personal Information Revealed
LINKS TO EVEN MORE!