Save yourself the embarrassment and hassle of a bounced check!
It happens…we understand. Nearly everyone has overdrawn their checking account at one time or another. It’s embarrassing and can be costly! With Overdraft Privilege on your Alliance Bank Checking account, we’ve got you covered!
Why have Overdraft Privilege (ODP)?
- Saves embarrassment and inconvenience of returned checks
- Saves the return fee assessed by the merchant
- Protects you against simple mistakes
- Automatically covers you if you overdraw your account
Overdraft Privilege Limits
With eligible accounts, we may honor your checks even when they exceed the total in your account by as much as $1,000, including bank fees.
- $500 - Safe & Sound Checking
- $750 - Allegiance Checking
- $1,000 - Elite Checking (Ask a Commercial Banker or Relationship Manager about this account)
Other options available include linking your checking account to another Alliance Bank savings or line of credit to save yourself the embarrassment of having a purchase denied or the hassle of having a check returned for insufficient funds…when you have funds here at the bank! When there’s an insufficient balance in your checking account, funds are automatically transferred from the linked account to cover your purchases.
Standard overdraft procedures apply, including fees.
- Accounts will be charged the standard Overdraft fee of $30.00 for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, Point-of-Sale, ATM withdrawal, in-person withdrawal or other electronic item that is paid and $30.00 for items returned.
- ODP funds are accessible only when your account is in an overdrawn position. Your ODP Limit does not appear in your Available Balance. You must OPT-IN, or give us your consent, to allow your limit to be accessed when using your Debit Card for everyday purchases.
- An overdrawn balance must be repaid within 35 days. We may not pay items under your overdraft privilege if you do not maintain your account in good standing by bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty-five (35) day period for a minimum of one (1) business day, if you default on any loan or other obligation to Alliance Bank or if your account is subject to any legal or administrative order or levy.